American Center France
The hub for france-american exchange
mercredi 17 octobre au dimanche 21 octobre 2012 - Apply Now: Women’s Leadership: Public Service and Global Health
Reid Hall - Paris, France. Date limite de candidature: vendredi 29 juin 2012.
Women’s Leadership: Public Service and Global Health is organized by Smith College and co-sponsored by Smith College and the U.S. State Department as part of the Women in Public Service Project (WPSP).
This intensive, four-day interactive workshop reflects the overall goal of WPSP: to increase the participation and efficacy of women in all spheres of public service.
Primarily targeted at early- and mid-career women drawn from Francophone Africa, or women in France and greater Europe working on issues relevant to Francophone diaspora communities, this conference will combine presentations, small group workshops, and informal discussions centered on the broad topic of public service leadership on issues of public health.
This training will:
- Provide women leaders with enhanced skills for attaining elected and appointed positions in the public sector;
- Enable participants to establish a professional network within and outside of their home countries;
- Supply participants with concrete tools and training to increase the scope, efficacy and visibility of their ongoing work;
- Communicate strategies, tools and materials to participants that they can deploy upon their return to their home countries for the training of other women in public service.
These goals will be met through a combination of approaches, including:
- Modeling successful approaches to policy analysis, articulation and implementation;
- Bolstering skills in oral, visual and written communications, as well as the effective use of traditional and social media;
- Identifying national and regional contexts that can be leveraged to achieve policy goals;
- Introducing and establishing strong women role models working in public service and creating mentoring networks among the participants/presenters;
- Analyzing case studies of both successful and failed attempts to achieve policy objectives, particularly in the public health arena.
WPSP seeks to increase the participation and representation of women, around the world, at all levels of public service. This workshop targets emerging women leaders drawn from throughout Francophone Africa and brings them together in Paris for an intensive four-day training and education session.
While we will be using public health and women’s health issues as focal points throughout the workshop, participants are not required to come from the public health sector or have degrees or training in related fields. Similarly, discussions will not be limited to public and women’s health issues, and the training and materials will be of use to women involved in all spheres of public service.
The primary (although not exclusive) language of instruction will be English.
The location and venue of the training acknowledge the long–and at times complex–relationship linking France and Francophone Africa, as well as Smith College’s near century-long presence in France, the site of its oldest study abroad program. Founded in 1875, Smith College, located in Massachusetts, is one of the largest women’s colleges in the United States. Its graduates are found in positions of public service and leadership around the world.
Please find and fill out the Application here, or email wpsp @ smith.edu.
Applications are due by June 29, 2012.
Priority will be given to applicants from the following countries: Algeria, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, France, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Libya, Madagascar, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Togo, and Tunisia.
The Project will cover the travel and accommodation costs of all selected participants.
Pour plus d'informations et pour candidater, cliquez ici.